Sunday, July 01, 2007

More joy

It was such a pretty day here. The sun was shining, but it wasn't too hot or sticky. My husband took the older boys with him when he went to church so I had about 2 hours with just the little ones to get ready. The baby was tired and I sat and held him until he fell asleep. It didn't take long. There is really nothing sweeter than holding a sleeping baby. I admit, sometimes it is a nuisance when you have a lot to do and the baby won't sleep unless you hold them, but most of the time, I have tried hard to treasure holding my sleeping babies. It doesn't last long. It has been a long time since I held my nine year old in my lap while he slept. I love to take pictures of sleeping babies too. They sleep in the funniest ways sometimes.

Other joys:
I love my clothes line. I've only had it for about six weeks, but I love to go out and hang clothes. It is relaxing and I like the way sheets move in a breeze. It looks peaceful.

Sitting together as a family, eating brownies. Sweet brownies, chocolate around the children's mouth and sharing a treat while talking together.

Having my hair "fixed" by my three year old daughter. My hair is long and wavy. She likes to wet it down with a spray bottle and brush it. It makes my hair very frizzy, but who cares? I'm not trying to impress anyone, but we have fun as she fixes my hair.

Braids. I love braids, but my daughter does not so much. She is patient with me and lets me braid her hair sometimes, like today.

Growing up in hot Texas, I lived summers with fans going all the time. Every room had a fan it it. I love the feel of fans blowing cool air on me. From early spring to late fall, I love to sleep with a fan on. Only in the cold winter do I not use a fan.

Well, I think that is all for today's joys. There are so many more, but there isn't time or room to list all of them everyday.

No comments: