My kids can count on every year, the annual post-Halloween torching of the jack-o-lantern. We started this tradition about 10 years ago. We were living in Hawaii. It's hot there year round. Our poor pumpkin we bought and carved in mid-October was a nothing but a moldy, melted orange blob by Halloween. We decided to have a bit of fun with it and the Hubby sprayed it with lighter fluid and set it aflame.
This became a post-Halloween tradition. This year, after an unusually warm October, we once again had a melted, gooey pumpkin. Last night, we set it out among the rocks in our yard and the Hubby turned on the propane torch. Flames shot out of it's eyes and mouth.
Long live traditions!