Monday, September 14, 2009

Birthday Fun

My birthday was on Friday. It was a lovely day for me. I went to Albuquerque and Santa Fe for the weekend. It took the combined work of many people to make the weekend nice.

First there is my Hubby for letting me go away for two nights to hang with some great friends.

Second there is "Miss H", a lady friend from church. She babysat my two youngest kids during the day so I could leave by 11:00 am for ALB.

Third there is "Miss S" a neighbor and another friend from church. She made sure my two elementary age kids got off the bus and home safely.

Then, there is Hubby again who took the responsibility of caring for all the kids while I was away. The older kids helped and I'm glad they did.

To make my son's weekend a little more fun, "Miss R" let him go to her house Friday night and roast marshmallows over the stove.

Last of all were my two good friends from Virginia who traveled so close to my home (for a business conference) on my birthday weekend and invited me to come and spend the weekend with them. We had fun talking, shopping for turquoise jewelry, eating great Mexican food, and walking all over the historic district.

1 comment:

SLC said...

I'm glad you had a great time. Hooray for good friends!