Thursday, April 14, 2011

And now it's time to SING!

If you've met me, you might realize pretty quickly that I'm quite shy.  I'm content to watch and listen to other people talking.  I might join in on the conversation, but when in a group of more than three people, I tend to clam up and listen.

If you know the real Molly, however, you know that underneath this shy person, there is a gal who loves to perform and one favorite performing outlet is sing silly camp songs.  And so, I will share with you one of my favorite camp songs.

Are you ready?

Black socks they never get dirty
The longer you wear them
the blacker they get
Some day I'll probably change them
But something keeps telling me
don't do it yet!

Don't ya love it?
One day, if I can figure out how to, which is hard because I'm cinematography challenged, I'll post a video of myself singing this great song.

The best part about this song is that it can be sung in a round.  Here we go!

Black socks they never get dirty
The longer you wear them
the blacker they get
Someday I'll probably change them          Black socks they never get dirty
But something keeps telling me                 The longer you wear them
don't do it yet!                                         the blacker they get
                                                               Someday I'll probably change them
                                                               But something keeps telling
                                                               me don't do it yet!

Nice job.  Give yourselves a big round of applause.

PS: Hey Sis, the next time we get together, we should get a video of us singing "Rocka My Soul."  Nobody sings that song better than we do.

3 comments:

SLC said...

Yeah, we are pretty awesome on that song. Every time I bust out sing that, Ryan just shakes his head and walks away - I think it makes him too embarrassed. I love the black socks song, I taught that to my girl scouts. How is your singing coming along?

Molly said...

The biggest problem with me singing that song is I usually can't finish singing the first line without busting up laughing.

Thanks to you, my talented sis, I now loudly sing the Austrian Yodeler song with my own verses I make up about the kids and myself. Good times, those!

Melissa said...

That. Is. Awesome.

I love it!

I also love to sing, the sillier the song, the better. :)