Thursday, August 18, 2011

Bad Poetry Day

So the other day I was watching a TV show and the poetry form of Haiku came up.  The person on TV didn't seem to know what a Haiku was and I just kind of laughed because I am not a poet in anyway, shape or form.  My 5th grade teacher had us write a lot of poetry and make a poetry notebook.  I still have mine.  I'm terribly embarrassed by mine because I can not write poetry.  I think the teacher gave me a decent grade because I attempted the poems required and put forth some effort, even though the poems stunk.

So, back to the Haiku.  That night after seeing that TV show, my mind composed a Haiku in my sleep!  It was amazing.  It followed the 5-7-5 pattern and it actually made sense. That morning I told my hubby my poem that I so brilliantly composed while sleeping.  He was impressed.  Now, several days later, I can't for the life of me remember the poem or even what it was about.  It was either outer space or waterfalls. 

This morning, while listening to the radio, I heard that today, August 18, is Bad Poetry Day!  If I could remember my Haiku, I would share it, but I can't.  Instead, I will share with you a poem I composed while in elementary school.  It is your lucky day!

The Moss Boss

I went to camp one day
Walking along the sandy bay
Along the way, I saw some soft moss
It was a pretty green and I was soon the boss

Of moldy moss
Then I was now Molly the Moss Boss
Most people said it was gross
But you know me, I'm very verbose

It would have been good if we used it in salad to toss
They all said no, but it's still no loss
I can have a TV show called
Molly's Green Moss

I was interview by two girls, not by the name of Ross
I could make Zucchini Zoss, or Lasagna Yoss,
or Spanish Woss, Broccoli Poss and other recipes
Made of moss

You can taste the food for me
cause I'm not going to
There's no more moss for me
But it's still fun to be
The Moss Boss

No comments: