Thursday, August 02, 2007

Home again

Several weeks have passed since I blogged last. I was traveling. I did something totally crazy - I drove my four small children from Virginia to Texas and back again. To get there we went through North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, and then Louisiana before reaching Texas. On the way home we went though Arkansas, Missiouri, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, and West Virginia. Both drives were really beautiful. I enjoyed driving through South Carolina, West Virginia and then western Virginia. I had never seen the Appalachian mountains before. It was beautiful. Not at all like the Rocky's, which is what I was expecting to see. I knew the Appalachian's were not nearly as tall, but I didn't expect the trees and the beautiful valleys that I passed through. I was such a treat. I hope to go back there some day. I would love to make that drive in late September or October.

Well, I must get dinner started. There was so much going on and coming up. Be sure you will hear more random thoughts in the future.

No comments: