Monday, January 18, 2010

fun with my loom

I got a nice loom for Christmas. So far, I've just been playing with it. I used up almost all of the yarn that I have. Next month I'm going to buy some real weaving yarn and attempt to make a real item with it.

Here are a few of the things I've made with it. They are all place mat or washcloth sized.

These blue ones are just regular yarn. The white stripe in the dark blue is a crochet lace yarn. I love the contrast it made in color and texture.
The little purple and green one is quite little. It is also made from the crochet yarn. Because that yarn is so thin, it takes a whole lot to make just a little bit of weaving. The white and blue is about the size of a place mat. It is regular yarn and the blue's on either side of the white are the same size.
These four are fun too. The green/blue one is really fun and probably my favorite. I used the crochet yarn again, but I doubled the threads with one green strand and one blue. It came out with a great effect. The one next to it is a single yarn, but it changes color within it's self from blue to purple to white. It also turned out nicely. It's a yarn, but it isn't as thick as some of the other yarns I used.

I also like the rainbow one. It is the size of a washcloth and it is soooo soft. Kind of a luxury washcloth. The last one is a Christmas yarn. This used the last of two skeins of yarn I had. The colors are the same in that they are red, white, and green, but the shades are different. It gives it a funny look.

Now my loom sits naked and empty. The problem is to keep my busy one year old off of it. She seems to think it is a jungle gym and is constantly trying to climb on it.

I can't wait to get my weaving fibers next month! It's going to be great!

1 comment:

Lena Baron said...

So fun to see your work. It looks Great!! Have Fun with the new fibers.