Saturday, January 23, 2010

More Adventures of Peanut

My oldest son shocked me while he was a baby of all the amazing things he could do and his many moods and behaviors. I was a first time mom and a mom of a very intense little person. I thought I had seen it all.

My second, third and fourth kids came, each with their own little quirks, but didn't do anything that really astonished me. My oldest had prepared me well.

Then comes kid #5. We knew from the very beginning she was different from the others and different she has remained. She amazes me with the things she does and says. The other day while thinking about the unique talents each of my children possess, I was startled to realize that she has a mechanical ingenuity that I've never seen before in a baby. I can't explain it and if you've followed this blog at all, you'll know about many of the amazing things (good and bad) that she has done. I can't wait to see what she is going to do with her inborn mechanical talent as she grows. It's going to be one interesting ride with her.

Recent adventures of Peanut:
-Today both phones disappeared. I pushed the "find" button on the phone base and waited to hear where the phones would beep from. I could tell they were in the kitchen, but it took me a few moments before I found their exact location. They were both - are you ready for this - in the microwave!

-Peanut is a Houdini. She can push the button to unbuckle herself from her car seat. She doesn't do it every time we are out driving around town, but she does it most times. Now, she has fat little thighs and sometimes she can't get her thighs out of the straps, so it keeps her stuck in her car seat. What to do? A friend suggested duct tape. A good idea. Another friend suggested a baby cabinet lock. I think I'll go with that instead.

No comments: