Monday, September 27, 2010

insulted

Recently a person I know hurt my feeling.  She called me un-virtuous and said I was insulting her.

I think both comments are untrue.  What started was this person was complaining about her home-based business (a Pampered Chef like business that requires parties and catalogs to sell) wasn't doing well.  I commented it's a tough economy.  This person went off about how I was just trying to bring them down and insult the business.  I didn't mean to insult them or the business, but no matter, the economy's tough and if I've got a little extra money to spend on something fun, I'm careful about what I choose.

At first I was thoroughly furious.  HOW DARE SHE?  After a while, outside, hanging my laundry on the line, I realized I could not be insulted.  Obviously there is more there than I'm seeing.  She can feel however she wants towards me.

I'm not perfect.  Not by a long shot.  But, I try hard to be a good person.  I try to be virtuous.  I guess I haven't succeeded in that, but I'll keep trying.  So, for any of you out there who might read this, if I have insulted you, I'm sorry.  I hope you will forgive me and in return, I'll work hard to forgive those who have insulted me, directly or indirectly.  I guess that's about all anyone can do.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think there is only one person who decides who is and isnt virtous. I am pretty sure that this woman is NOT it. Don't let her bring you down!!