Tuesday, April 29, 2008

My 100th post!!!

It is the 100th post today. I've been meaning to do this for several days, but my hands are never free when I sit down at the computer. I've always got Peanut in my arms. So, my idea for this post was to have 100 tid bits about me. You probably don't want to know 10 things about me, much less 100.

Well, I couldn't come up with 100 things - you are going to get 50!

50 Things about me you may not know

Childhood
1. Born and raised in Texas, I will always be a Texan at heart
2. One summer I watched the Parent Trap everyday (Hayley Mills, of course)
3. Was know among fellow Girl Scouts as The Moss Boss
4. I wrote lots of stories
5. Spent lots of time in my room listening to music and singing and writing

Education
6. Decided when I was very young that I would attend BYU
7. Have an Associates Degree and a Bachelor Degree in Recreation
8. Want a Masters Degree in Library Science
9. Would love to study history of English and Geology
10. When I was young I wanted to be a meteorologist.

Hobbies
11. I love to cross stitch – it is my favorite hobby.
12. I love to write.
13. I love to play Sims 2
14. I love to study names – onomastics.
15. I also love learning about the history of English

Favorite movies
16. Willow
17. Singing in the Rain
18. Lord of the Rings
19. Pride and Prejudice (A&E version)
20. Any Doris Day movie

Favorite books
21. Any name books
22. The Secret Garden
23. Peter Pan
24. The Magician’s Nephew – Chronicles of Narnia
25. Prisoner of Azkaban – Harry Potter

Interests
26. NAMES!
27. language
28. My children

Secret Desires
29. Publish a book
30. Head a research team to study Indo-European names
31. Meet any or all of the following actors: Liam Neeson, Peter Tork and/or Colin Firth
32. Get a full time job at Philmont
33. Have a successful home business

Places I’ve been
34. Scotland
35. Italy
36. France
37. Hawaii
38. London – Kensington Gardens to see the Peter Pan statue.

Misc.
39. Formally played the bassoon – 8 ½ years
40. Use to have a great singing voice
41. Love to bake
42. Had tubes in my ears for 20 years
43. Love the fall season
44. Lived in a tent for 3 weeks on a campout in Idaho
45. Lived in a tent for 10 weeks as a Philmont staff member
46. Hate veggies!
47. Never learned to drive a stick shift vehicle
48. Monkees fan
49. Can do a convincing English accent
50. Love to Disco!

2 comments:

Kleanteeth said...

The Moss Boss, that's the best. I'm jealous, I never had any cool nicknames. What is Philmont? Funny how we get along, we're so different. Guess that's the fun in life, right? Who'd want to hang out with a bunch of me's anyways?

Molly said...

Philmont is the high adventure Boy Scout camp in New Mexico. They have a training center that adults attend and bring their families along. I worked at that training center in the program office. It was a great summer.