Monday, November 10, 2008

Birthday time!

Today is my youngest son's birthday. He is three. It's been a tough three years with him. He hasn't been happy to be a part of this world. Still, he has some wonderful qualities. He has the sweetest laugh and it is still so genuine. He only laughs when something is really funny. He loves to work in his "workbook". Years ago, when my oldest was three, I got a Kindergarten homeschool workbook. Each kid has colored in it over the years. Now my youngest son has it and it is HIS. Don't mess with it. He loves to work in it and he is working very hard at his coloring.

He told me yesterday he was 14. Fourteen is his new favorite number. If you ask him how many toys he is holding or how many chicken nuggets is on his plate, he will tell you fourteen.

I've been calling this boy Toddler in blog land, but he needs a new name. He isn't a toddler any more. Still, I'm having a hard time coming up with a good name for him. I'll keep working on that.

So, today, he opened a few presents in the morning and the rest this afternoon after his brothers got home from school. Some friends came over and we had cake and ice cream. Our friends gave him a bag of chips. He loves chips. It was a perfect present for him. They also gave him a transformer car and with no planning, I got him two more of the same kind of car. Amazingly, we got all different ones and now he is having a great time crashing his transformers. That's what you're suppose to do with them. Who ever created those knew what 3 year olds loved. It is perfect.

Well, tonight for dinner is chicken nuggets, currently his favorite food. They smell like they are done and I had better get those out of the oven.

2 comments:

The Roaming Rolfe's said...

Wow, sound like a fun day! It is so sad when they grow up, it happens way to fast!

Lena Baron said...

Happy Birthday Mr T!:) (Toddler)Hope it was a great day! We'll be thinking about Princess soon too:)