Saturday, November 15, 2008

Funny kids

Today is my Princess's 5th birthday and let me tell you, it has been quite the day!

She has been talking about her birthday constantly for a week. When she woke up, she got to open 2 presents. One of them was a Gabriella dress (from HSM) that I got on Halloween clearance. She loved it. Of course, she wore it for the party. Well, part of the party. During the party, she went up to her room and changed into another dress. Later she opened presents and received a Hannah Montana dress (another Halloween clearance item). She ran up and changed. Later, they decided to go outside to jump on the trampoline. It has been raining for 3 days plus all morning. It was wet. She didn't want her new dress wet, so she changed again into some sweat pants and a t-shirt. Before the party was over, she changed back again into the Hannah Montana outfit. I haven't been up to her room yet, but I'm guessing it is a big clothes mess. The really funny thing is she doesn't know who Hannah Montana is. We don't have TV, so she has never seen the show, but have you ever walked through Wal-Mart with a 4 year old who points out Hannah M every time she sees it? You will find, Hannah M is on EVERY single aisle! I'm serious. All my daughter knows is Hannah is everywhere, she is blond (like my daughter) wears a lot of pink or is on a lot of pink items, and she usually is holding a microphone. My daughter is smart enough to know that means she is a singer. That's all it takes, blond, pink, microphone - daughter loves her!

So, this evening at dinner, the newly 5 year old girl announces to me, "I know what malady means." Really? "It means they belong together." OK. Confused? So am I.

She also got a Barbie today that didn't have a name or anything. My daughter decided to name her Jackal. Can we call her Jackie for short? She decided later she would re-name her and she is now Jeannie. Much better.

Did I mention the Hannah Montana pinata we did today? After we got it opened and the little kids collected their candy, my 10 year old went to town with the bat and the Hannah M pinata. You can be sure, there wasn't much left after he was done. Let me say, Happy Birthday to you, my daughter, but I'm glad it is over!

3 comments:

Lena Baron said...

Hmm? Malady... Do you think she meant My Lady?

Molly said...

Maybe, but the way she said it sounded like "malady". One of the boys thought she might be saying melody.

SLC said...

That is hilarious! That girl and her clothes - where did she come from??