Saturday, November 08, 2008

productive chaos

As we prepare to move two weeks from yesterday, I have been keeping quite busy.

First, I must say congratulations to my sister, who had her third baby on October 29. It is a beautiful little girl, from the pictures I've seen and I can't wait to meet her.

My Mom, an amazing woman, came to visit this last week. We had an extremely busy week and quite a few laughs too. We were going to do a lot of yard work, but the weather didn't permit that, so we stayed indoors. We did some major projects like, painting the computer room, spray painting all the ceilings downstairs, and tiling the kitchen and dining room floor. We did countless of smaller projects like repairing toilet paper rolls that had broken, replacing toilet seats, putting up new shower curtains, and lots of deep cleaning that needed done. A million loads of laundry were done, at least 10 trips to Lowes were made, several Wal-Mart trips and a visit to my son's school where he received student of the month. We stayed up until 10:30 most nights working on stuff for a few hours after the kids went to bed. It was lots of fun and lots of work. I learned how to do a few things and I learned how NOT to do many more things. The step ladder became my best friend and I carried it all over the house, all of the time. We used at least 5 cans of white paint, 3 paint rollers, 20 plastic sheets to cover things while we painted, and we each wore out a very tacky work outfit. Mom got a pair of pink nurses pants and a purple t-shirt. I wore my pink Winnie The Pooh PJ top and blue pants. More people saw me in my PJ's this week than I care to admit to.

We learned that two sleep deprived women high on the fumes from Goo Gone are clever enough and capable enough for anything. We had some very creative moments. Overall, the week was extremely productive. Unfortunately, I still have a great deal to do. The kitchen floor tile isn't quite done, but it will be by the end of today. The outside still needs a good deal of work, but we are waiting for better weather next week. The inside of the house is pretty messy with all the stuff from our projects and all the things that are out of place while we've worked. I need to get over to the storage room, empty it and bring everything back to the house.

I still don't know what to do about selling or renting the house, but time is short. I leave my home two weeks from yesterday. Whatever happens will happen. As my favorite actress, Doris Day, would sing: "Que sera, sera. What will be, will be."

1 comment:

The Roaming Rolfe's said...

Wow! sounds fun! It will all work out!