Monday, December 15, 2008

Christmas is how soon??

So I was reading another friend's blog and her blog had a ticker for days until Christmas. It said there is 10 days left! What? It can't be true?

Where has all the time gone?

Well, 10 days is 10 days and I can do a lot in 10 days, if my baby lets me. Unfortunately, every time I move or even look like I'm going to move from one spot to another, she starts to scream at me. It makes it hard for me to get much of anything done. Still, 10 days.

Unfortunately, with 10 days to go and a phobia of going to the post office during the Christmas season, presents to family and friends will most likely be late. Sorry.

I have accomplished a few things, I made 2 batches of gingersnap cookies and some fudge. I made up plates of goodies and we went caroling to a few new friends here. It was fun and I got to meet and know some really nice people.

My ego was a little shot going to these homes of these nice people. Several of them had huge 10-12 foot trees, glowing with lights and ornaments that matched. One lady had an enormous wreath hanging over her fireplace that matched her tree. I look at my little scrawny 6 foot artificial tree. It only has three strands of lights and one two of those strands, only half of the lights are working. It is all the lights we had that matched. Our ornaments are mostly handmade, none of them match, and about half of them are made out of paper. The star on our tree is a gift wrap bow.

Well, our tree has personality and I can tell you a story about just about every single ornament hanging off of it. I wish it had some more lights, but yep, I like our tree. Maybe someday I'll have that fancy tree where the ornaments match, but for now, my kids are proud of the tree they decorated with the ornaments they made.

One ornament is a reindeer made from a large Christmas light bulb, googly eyes, a puff nose, and pipe cleaner horns. We've named him Seymour. Seymour has a brother, who looks a lot like him, but has one googly eye. We named him Bob. Yes, we are full of personality!

3 comments:

Sandra Davis said...

I like the Christmas trees that are original and have cute ornaments that are handmade or paper. That is the type of tree I had growing up!! :) I know what you mean about everyone having huge trees and everything though!! Crazy!

Kleanteeth said...

Those I the kind of ornaments that get "lost" at my house. My kids make these things and I almost felt bad about throwing them away, but you know me, I forgot about it too soon. I do keep the ornaments with their pictures on it, even if it was made out of paper. You did need more cabinet space, so now you can really enjoy your kitchen.

Lena Baron said...

You know, You're right. You're memories are priceless, and they probably bought a pre-decorated tree from the store!:)