Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Back

Well, we made it to our new home in New Mexico. We got here Saturday night, and got the Internet running yesterday. Our household good arrives on Friday, but it won't be unloaded until Saturday.

We are sleeping on air mattresses, eating at a folding table a friend in a near by city let us borrow and listening to our voices echo in the empty house.

The trip was good and we enjoyed seeing my sister and her family and my parents along the way. I'm glad the trip went as well as it did because things have really not been good since getting here. Peanut, who is 8 months old today, got very sick on Saturday night. A stomach bug of some sort with lots of throwing up. By Sunday night she had passed her bug onto my oldest and youngest sons. By Monday, Princess and son #2 had it as well. Monday night, Hubby got it. I was the very lucky one. I felt pretty queasy on Monday, but I figured it was from seeing, smelling and cleaning up many throw up disasters during the day. I made two trips the the laundry mat that day. I need to do another, desperately. I'll be so glad when Saturday comes and we have our washer and dryer hooked up. The laundry mat gets expensive when you are running loads for this many people as well as all the sleeping bags that have been puked on.

Today is Wednesday. I took the boys to their new schools. My oldest goes to one elementary that serve grades 3-5 and then my second son goes to a different school (right next door) that serves grades K-2. I think my oldest son is the only white kid in his class. He is certainly the only blond! My other son has one other white kid in his class. We are defiantly the minority. It's pretty funny. It makes it easy for me to pick out my kids among their classmates.

So, we are going to relax a bit this morning now that the boys are in school. Poor Peanut is still quite sick and having a hard time keeping anything down. She is doing better today and I hope she is on the upswing. She has lost weight, I can feel it when I pick her up. Poor baby. I feel so bad for her. When she wakes up, we will be making another trip to the laundry mat. We are out of towels and three of our sleeping bags need to be cleaned as well.

I am hoping that next week will be better. Our stuff will be here and we can try and make this house our home. We will be able to decorate for Christmas and that will be fun. I'll have my washing machine and that will be good. And I hope Peanut will be well again. Our house has no carpet, only hard tiled floors. It makes it hard for her to crawl around and play.

Enough of the bad, things can only get better and they will!

4 comments:

Lena Baron said...

WOW! I have no reasons for complaining!!! I'm glad you had a good trip and are in NM. But WOW! Good Luck!

Sandra Davis said...

I am glad that you guys made it okay to your new house!! I hope you all get well again!! Being sick, or taking care of sick kids is no fun! We miss you guys a lot already. Emilie doesn't understand the concept of someone moving, so she keeps asking about going over to your house! I guess she will get it eventually. Well, good luck with everything!

The Roaming Rolfe's said...

Wow! It is hard enough moving without everyone getting sick! I hope all you stuff gets there and you can get settled in fast! You are in our prayers!

Kleanteeth said...

Don't ya love it when they barf all over the place. No washer and dryer during the barf week, disaster. Glad your moved turned out all right. That was fast...for me at least.