Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Lost in the kitchen

Moving is tough. Moving into a new kitchen is really tough. You have to arrange everything in a new way because the kitchen you move into is never the same as the kitchen you left. I am in the holiday mood and have been baking a lot. It is forcing me to learn my kitchen, but you should have seen me yesterday. Where did I put the bread pans? I couldn't remember. This kitchen is bigger than my last one and I had to search through several cupboards before I found them. Then I needed my big mixing bowl. I couldn't find it. I looked through all of the cupboards. What had I done with it? Then I looked up. It was sitting on top of the cupboards. I didn't put it there, Hubby did. He's 6' 1", he is tall and can reach the top. I can't. I had to get a chair. I told him not to do that with the stuff I use a lot. This is a big kitchen with lots of cupboard space. We don't need to store stuff on top anymore, like we did with the last kitchen. Still, he puts things up there. He told me that if I need something down, all I have to do is ask. Well, that's great except for when he is at work!

So, I'm learning my way around the kitchen. I don't know if I've got things arrange in the best way, but for now it's working and with it, I'm producing some super tasty things.

3 comments:

Lena Baron said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS MOLLY! I wish you luck. Hope all goes well for you with all of the company;) Have fun in your kitchen. How nice that it is begger then the last:)

Lena Baron said...

bigger:)

The Roaming Rolfe's said...

I know the feeling! It is even worse when you move to a smaller one! Then there is no where to put anything!