Sunday, May 31, 2009

Taking a break

I've been spending WAY too much time here at the computer. I play, I read, I research, I watch funny things on youtube. My daughter has only 3 more months at home before school starts. I don't want her to go, I'll miss her so much, but what am I doing during the day? Sitting here.

I'm going to try hard and spend very little time here on the comp. When the baby needs me to sit and hold her, I'm going to read books again. I haven't read any books since we moved here 7 months ago. We have enough books to make the local library jealous. I've read maybe 10% of them, probably less. I'm going to read, I'm going to attempt more exercise, which, I think will happen if I'm not here on my rear end. The local city provides lots of free things for kids, there are parks all over the place, local hiking, museums, weekly craft fairs, and more. We are going to try and get out more and spend less time in the house. Easier said than done since I don't know what summers here are like, but I'm guessing their hot. However, when we are in the house, the kids tend to fight more, and I'm not going to let them play Wii every hour of every day.

This isn't going to be easy. This week, no computer, except necessary church stuff. The rest of the summer, I plan on writing and keeping a journal, probably a lot here in my blog, but I'm going to work very hard to make sure I have plenty to write about. So anyway, this long post is just to say (to myself more than anyone else) that I'm taking a break this week.

PS, I bought a new pedometer. My old one's battery died and it's cheaper to buy a new pedometer than the specialty batteries they require. At the end of the week, I'll let you know my mileage.

4 comments:

SLC said...

I'm excited for your new plans! I know what you mean about getting the kids out and them fighting if they're stuck at home too long. Claire's last day is tomorrow, so I had better get planning. I look forward to your summer posts!

Martie said...

I wish you the best as you seek to set your new goals. I sure understand about the spending time with the 5-year-old thing. I miss mine already, and I am trying to make the moments count.

Ahhhh, summer. It's such a great time for renewal.

Power to ya!

Martie

Lena Baron said...

Awesome! We're here cheering you on!! ... Can you hear us!!??... :) We look forward to hearing about all of the fun!

BTW: You have great boys! Thanks for sharing them!

Martie said...

Molly, I miss you! Come back sometimes!