Wednesday, June 17, 2009

my girls

Last night as I was going to tuck my five year old in bed, I found her sitting on her bed with one of the Hooked on Phonics books in her lap. She was sounding out the words! I was so impressed. I had tried to teach her this in the past, but she wasn't catching on, but there she was sounding out "span". I was impressed that she knew the "sp" sound, but then adding the "a" and "n" made it for a three syllable word. It takes time to be able to put those sounds together into one word. I was amazed. This morning she was at it again, trying to figure out the word "shall", but "s"+"ha"+"a"+"l" made a long odd word.

My one year old, is smart too, but in a very mischeivious way. I had put in a Baby Einstein movie and she had been watching it, but I guess she got bored. She opened the DVD player, changed the movies, and started a new one. She made a mess of the DVDs, though. I really don't like it when she gets ahold of the DVDs.

1 comment:

Martie said...

What smart little girls! My two youngest boys both learned how to read in sacrament meeting all by themselves.It blew me away!