Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Summer traditions

What is summer without:
-Playing in water, it doesn't matter how, pool, rain, sprinkler, just play in the water!
-Popsicles
-staying up late to watch a movie
-sleeping in the next morning - ok, with my little ones, this isn't possible for me, but my older boys are getting into the spirit of sleeping in
-the Monkees - since I was about 11, I have watched Monkee reruns during the summer months. It's no different now. School gets out and I put on the Monkees!
-very hot outings
-at least one sunburn
-BBQ's with lots of hot dogs
-a bowl of ice cream
-a campout. It doesn't matter if it is in the backyard, the living room, or the great outdoors, just as long as you set up a tent and sleep in it.
-mosquito bites
-the knot in your stomach when you see the back-to-school sales at Wal-Mart
-playing outside until 8:30 at night
-a visit with the grandparents!

2 comments:

SLC said...

Right on. I think I could add: hiding out in your dark, cool house while the heat index creeps up to 108.

Martie said...

Almost everything on your list is on ours. And I had to laugh and cry over the WalMArt comment. I HATE, HATE back-to-school. Hate it.

Keep enjoying your summer!

Martie