Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Less than picturesque

On Monday I took my 5 squirmy children to have pictures taken. I hadn't done that since kid #4 was 10 months old. We picked out some nice clothes. They all had on t-shirts, but they were red, white, and blue and it was the first time all the boys had worn their shirts, so they looked nice.

The photographer produced something of a miracle. She managed to capture a few pictures where Peanut was not crying. Peanut love to have her picture taken and squeals with delight when she sees the camera. Not so for the photographer who she didn't know and was trying to make her sit when she didn't want to sit. Peanut cried most of the entire time.

My oldest son was the most cooperative, but he messed up a few otherwise nice photos because his fixed smile turned into something more like a painful grimace. My second son was good and mostly cooperative. Princess daughter refused to smile. She will not smile for anyone who asks her to, even me. The neat thing about her, though, is even if she isn't smiling she has a pixie like face that is really quite pretty when it is pouting. I call it her mysterious model face. My youngest son was really quite good and if you can get him to do a real smile, it is one of the cutest little smiles you will see.

So, between all their personalities, we ended up with a couple of really nice looking pictures.

But, between you and me, with the way the little ones act and the cost of the pictures, I won't be doing this again anytime soon. But, it has been almost 2 years since the last photo session. Perhaps in 2 years I will have forgotten the pain of family photos and be ready to try it again. Maybe....

2 comments:

Kleanteeth said...

So, let's see the pictures.

Molly said...

As soon as I get them, I'll post some up. Still don't have them yet.....