Monday, July 13, 2009

unwillingly back

Well, I drove home on Saturday. It was 12 hours in the van with just me and the kids. The DVD player has died. We had no movie entertainment to help pass the hours. What we did have was Harry Potter book 7 on CD to listen to. That was great, for me, but it did nothing to help Peanut, who was trapped in her car seat all day long. She made sure to let me know how much she didn't like that arrangement.

I started in East Texas and drove a long, long straight road. I watched the green grass and tall beautiful trees pass. The trees became smaller as I went further west. Soon, there were mesas and green bushes. Hours later there was orange dirt and scrub. Finally we arrived home to the land of tumbleweeds. I miss the green.

I had a much longer post typed up, but it was sad and depressing and I try to avoide that here as much as possible, so I erased it. The truth is, I didn't want to come home.

I've been quite depressed since returning. I miss the green. I miss my family.

1 comment:

SLC said...

I miss you too! I saw that you called on Saturday - sorry I missed you. I was outside with Ryan all day, installing our patio. We worked from 7am to 10pm. It was hell - tell you more about it later. I'll give you a call once my cell phone finishes charging.