Monday, April 05, 2010

What a weekend

You might remember I posted a blog entry after last Easter about my children fighting while searching for eggs. The older ones would run and grab them all before the little ones could get any. This year was different. Thank goodness. My youngest, who is now two years old, really got the idea of egg hunting this year. She loved it. My oldest wasn't quite into the egg hunt as he has been in years past. It's good that he is growing up, but kind of sad at the same time. I want him to grow up, but I don't want him to grow up.

My 2 year old had fun on her birthday. She really liked opening the presents.

The older daughter got a jump rope for Easter yesterday. She jumped roped most of the day. Her face was red and by the end of the day she was hot, sweaty, tired and easy to upset (because she was so tired). I put her in the shower and got her cleaned and ready to sleep. When we gathered for our night prayer, she was jumping rope again. She really improved. When she started at the beginning of the day, she could hardly jump four times in a row. By the end of the day, we watched her get up to 71 jumps. I wish I had her energy. My jump record for the day was 16. Nothing to brag about. What was funny was when Peanut wanted to jump rope. She would hold both ends of the rope and she would jump up and down (while the rope lay still on the ground). She was so pleased and we cheered her on.

What a fun weekend.

No comments: