Thursday, April 29, 2010

Been meaning to post....

There is always something going on.

Yesterday I was listening to the radio and they were having a trivia contest. The lady contestant got the first question: the TV commercial "Don't squeeze the ____". She got it correct, Charmin. Obviously she watches TV, but I remember that commercial from many years ago.

Her second question was "What is the body of water that washes up on the east side of Florida?"

Umm, umm, I don't understand what you mean by body of water. The Pacific?

BEEEEP!

Nope lady. The DJ's were very nice about it and said sorry and gave her a complementary prize. I was thinking, Lady! Turn off the TV and spend some time looking at a map of your own country.

Then, last night, Hubby was telling me a story. He went to El Paso (Texas) for the day to work. He and a co-worker stopped at a nearby fast food place. While they were eating, a soldier came in and called to the general group, "Who has the black BMW with foreign licence plates?" No one answered. He called it out again to the group. No one answered. Finally a worker went out with the soldier and they figured out what was going on. He had bumped a black BMW with New Mexico plates. He is 30 minutes from the border of Texas and New Mexico, but he thought New Mexico was a foreign country.

That isn't the first time we've had that happen. Our bank called us a number of months ago and was explaining they were having a hard time cashing a check of ours because she thought it was from outside the United States. I had to patiently explain that I live in New Mexico and it is one of the 50 states of the USA. DA DING! Problem solved.

People, let's turn off the TV.

1 comment:

Lena Baron said...

Oh that actually kindof makes me sick!! REALLY PEOPLE!!!! But I will try to calm down and laugh!!;)! Yes, I'm laughing!! Good Post!