Sunday, August 12, 2012

goings on...

This weekend I made 8 more quarts of pickles and 3 pints of salsa from our homegrown tomatoes.

Kind of cool, all this canning.  I don't like salsa, but my husband does, so it's good!

I haven't had any deep thoughts lately, but I did something this weekend I haven't done in a very long time - I applied for a job.  Part of me really wants the job, but part of me does not.  I guess that could be a normal reaction.  I was thinking today how it would be nice to go see my grandmother in the fall, but then I realized that if I get a job, I won't be doing that.

The job is a park guide.  From what I can tell, it would be working in a local historical building giving tours and such.  Pretty awesome!  I would enjoy a job like that. 

Who knows what will happen.  I'll just wait and see.

I finished a book last week: "Hans Brinker, or The Silver Skates" by Mary Mapes Dodge.  I had heard so many great things about this classic story.  Honestly I have to say, I didn't enjoy it.  Some of the story was fun and much of it was tedious.  The language is old.  It's not at all difficult to understand, but certainly an old way of speaking.  The children in the story are just all a little too perfectly well-mannered.  Well, whether I liked it or not, I can cross off another classic children's literature off my list of books to read.

Now I'm reading the 5th book from the "How to Train Your Dragon" series.  It is nothing profound and certainly not what great classic literature is made from, but it's fun and funny.  It's light hearted and silly.  Maybe I'll go back and read the first four books from the series. LOL

I've been working on a cross stitch this last week, and while I do I've been watching "All Creatures Great and Small."  My mom use to watch that on PBS back in the 80's and I would sometimes watch it with her.  It is really a nice show and I've been enjoying it a lot.  I listened to one of the books on tape when I was going to junior college (many years ago.)

No comments: