Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Time with Peanut

My four year old is quite the gal.  The four older kids have been back to school for a week and a half now.  At home each day is Peanut and me.

I have many projects to work on around the house along with the daily chores, but Peanut and I take time each day to play, talk and read.  She wants to learn how to read, so we pull out her alphabet cards and go through them.  She knows all her letters, upper and lower case, and the sounds each one makes.  Two days ago, I pulled out the Hooked on Phonics books and gave her the first one. She sounded out the words and read them.  Not all of them, but about half the words in that little book, she read own her own!  I couldn't believe her.

She is smart, but sometimes she is a little too smart.  Several weeks ago, Hubby ordered some pink goggles for her for when they go to the swimming pool.  She was so excited.  The next morning, she got on the computer and pulled up Amazon.com and showed her siblings the goggles Daddy had ordered her.

She got on Amazon!  Good thing that site is password protected or she would be ordering all sorts of things off  the Internet.

1 comment:

SLC said...

You're going to have to pass-word protect everything around there. Though I'm sure she'll eventually find a way around that too!