Thursday, September 11, 2008

Fondue Day!

It's my birthday and tonight we'll do the traditional fondue. I love to fondue. This tradition started about 10 years ago, my birthday after my first son was born.
Tonight there will be a cheese fondue with Havari and Gouda and then there will be a chocolate fondue for desert. Mmmm... I can't wait.

I got three of my birthday presents already. One, yesterday, was from my visiting teacher. She gave me a lovely smelling bath set. Now, for the time for the bath.... Today I got my gifts from the kids. (Hubby picked them out for me). I got Silicone oven mitts and a rolling pin. The oven mitts that I have been using are thin and one has a burn almost all the way through. The rolling pin I use has quit rolling on it's axle or whatever it spins on. It just stopped. I make tortillas often and rolling them the last few months has been tough. I look forward to making them next and trying out my super smooth rolling pin.

My sister-in-law posed an interesting question lately. What makes her happy? It got me thinking, what makes me happy? It is a question that needs great pondering because there are several levels of happiness and there is also what makes me happy and what do I think will make me happy. It is something I'm going to be thinking about and sorting my ideas. It is an interesting thought. I read that men should never give their wives kitchen stuff for Mother's Day or their birthday, but I'm so glad when I do get kitchen things. I love to cook. Baking and cooking tasty foods makes me happy and my family happy too. Getting these oven mitts so I don't burn my hands make me VERY happy.

4 comments:

Kleanteeth said...

I'm a total dipper. I have been know to dip bananas, crackers, just about anything actually. I learned in college that other people don't like it when you dip in their hot chocolate. Who knew? About what makes you happy, that's a trick question. Nothing makes you happy, either you choose to be happy or not. Happiness is internal and that is why people will search the world over and buy and buy and try new things and somehow can't find it because they never had it to start with.

Molly said...

How right you are about happiness! Thank you for pointing that out. It's all in the attitude you choose to take.

What were you dipping into your college friend's hot chocolate? I hope it was a marshmallow.

Kleanteeth said...

a banana. Apparently she had had enough and without warning went off the hook and stormed off. Never dipped in her hot chocolate again. I guess I grew up in a house where we picked food off of other plates, etc. I thought it was normal. Apparently I missed the day in etiquette school where we learned that it isn't. Oh, that's the problem. I never went to etiquette school.

Lena Baron said...

I hope your fondue was yummy! That sounds so good, maybe we'll do fondue in you honor on Sunday... That's a fun idea!:)