Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Busy days

Today is Hubby and I's 12th anniversary. I remember when we went to church the first time after we were married. There was a girl there who had been married 9 whole months. I couldn't imagine what that must be like. I had never kept a room mate more than one semester, they would drive me crazy. I wondered, will I still like my husband after three months? Well, I did and still do. There have been many ups and many downs and some times it seems that time has gone so quickly and other times it seems that the time has gone very slow. The year Hubby spent in Korea was a very slow one. Still, through it all, it has been 12 years now. I was looking in the paper at some couples celebrating their 50th anniversary and I thought we'll celebrate that in the year 2046. That seems impossible, but at the beginning, nine months seemed impossible too. I can't wait to find out what will happen in the next 36 years.

Life has been so busy and crazy since getting married. We've moved countless times and have lived in many states. We've welcomed 5 babies into our family and usually we manage to move those same years we have a baby... We moved in 1998 and two days later, our oldest was born. We had our second in 2000 and moved in December of that year. We moved in 2004, 4 months after I had baby number 3. Then, we moved in 2005, and 2 months later we had baby number 4. Now this year, we welcomed baby number 5 and we will be moving again before the year is out. This time, life takes us to New Mexico. Hubby will be moving there in less than two weeks. The kids and I will join as soon as we sell the house. There is so much to do, it is crazy to think about. With all that needs to be done, Peanut has decided this week that she is no longer sleeping. She won't take her long, lovely morning nap. She wakes the moment I lay her down. She cries all day, except when I'm holding her, but she doesn't want to be held either. She squirms to get down and then screams when I do. Today, after many hours of listening to her scream and cry, I looked in her mouth and saw tooth #4 making it's painful appearance. Poor thing. I feel so bad for her. So, a little Tylenol later, she is napping, in my arms, while I type.

With Halloween approaching, my kids are very excited. My oldest has come up with all sorts of costume ideas. Now remember, he is 10 years old, and his latest idea is to dress up like the Pink Panther (the pink cartoon character) and wrap himself with toilet paper so he can be the Pink Panther Mummy. I don't get it either. He also had the strange idea of being the Red Baron Pizza Delivery Man. He likes Red Baron pizza. Now, he really likes Narnia and he loved the Prince Caspian movie and book. I suggested that he be Prince Caspian, but he said he isn't tall enough or have dark hair like Caspian. And I'm thinking: but your tall enough and have a pink full-body suit to be the Pink Panther?

There is so much more to say, but Toddler just woke up Peanut with his whining (he is whining and crying non-stop these days and I just don't know what to do with him.) Well, I had better get Peanut back to sleep.

1 comment:

Kleanteeth said...

Did I guess it or did I guess it? Lucky. Good luck with the selling of the house and things like that. moving with all 5 doesn't sound fun, but it never will. Maybe you should take pnut in and have blood panel, allergy tests, etc. done on him. I knew a friend whose baby was alwasy fussy and it turned out she was allergic to gluten and red dye so when she eliminated all those foods, she totally turned around. Couldn't hurt I guess.