Friday, October 03, 2008

Friendship Bread is taking over my hosue!

Have you ever had Amish Friendship Bread? It is very tasty. We really like it in this household.

I don't know how friendship bread begins. Most people don't. All I know is that a "friend" gave me a loaf of sweet bread and a gallon size bag filled halfway with a cream colored goo. I was given the instructions that I was to mush the bag everyday for 10 days. On the 5th day I'm to add some stuff and mush the bag. On day 10, I'm to add more stuff, and divide the goo into three parts. One part I keep, one part I bake and the last part I pass on to another friend. Well, it only took a month and every woman I know had her own bag of friendship goo.

Our family loves the bread, but what am I suppose to do with it all? My very smart mother-in-law suggested I put the extras into the freezer. Then, I can pull them out anytime and make more bread. What a great idea! So, I've been doing that. However, now I've got 4 bags of bread goo in the freezer, and today is day 10 and I need to bake the bread, which will give me one more bag to my freezer.

Friendship bread, it's everywhere!!!

Good thing we like it so much.

1 comment:

Lena Baron said...

I was given friendship bread once. We had to leave on a trip though and Faylynn finished it for me. Good Luck with yours! Good Luck with everything!! We're excited to have you closer. What's your thoughts on the move?