Thursday, October 16, 2008

No Sleep

I'm so tired. Peanut isn't sleeping well, so neither am I. She wakes up countless times. I must see every hour of the night at least twice. I'm not getting any sleep, so I'm a witch during the day. Appropriate for the season, I guess, but it isn't helpful to our already stressful situation of preparing to move. The realtor is coming Friday to the house for me to sign the million forms needed to put the house up on the market. Hubby left yesterday for New Mexico. He stopped last night at my sister's house. She lives just outside of St. Louis. We won't see him again until we sell the house and move ourselves. So, no help at night is available anymore, and if Peanut keeps this up, I might be insane by the time we head west.

There is no where for her to sleep where she won't disturb everyone else. Everyone in this house shares a room, except for the oldest, but he is the lightest sleeper in the house. Peanut only has to cry a little and it wakes him. I take Peanut down stairs and she still disturbs him. Once downstairs, there is no room to put her in to let her cry or sleep alone. The entire downstairs is an open floor plan - no doors to shut (unless you include the garage). Maybe I should sleep in there.

I know that as babies start crawling and walking, they sleep less. Peanut is a first class crawler now and last night when she woke up screaming in her bed, I found she had crawled into the corner of her crib and her head was crammed into the corner. I don't know... I'm just hoping a miracle night will come eventually, and I'll get a few hours in a row of sleep.

I did discover last night (or about 3 hours ago) at about 4:15 that Facebook has some fun groups in it. If you have a favorite movie, actor, book, game, whatever, it has a group you can join. Not my favorite way to spend time at four in the morning, but hey....

I just need some sleep.

2 comments:

Lena Baron said...

Well, that answers my question, how are you? I don't know if it helps at all, but know that Leif and I are really praying for you! I hope things start looking up. Caleb's having nights like that off and on, but I have the morale support I need to get through it... I hope things get better!

Sandra Davis said...

Send your kids over!!!!!! I'm serious!! Just call me and tell me that they are coming and that would be fine! Or I guess I might just call you or show up to take them for you! ;) I like the noise, since I am from a big family! It feels like home to me, so don't even feel guilty about it! I'll be calling you if you don't call me!