Friday, March 13, 2009

more about rejection

I didn't get to finish my thoughts on my rejection notice yesterday, I was in a big hurry.

I was so excited about the rejection slip (newbie author, I know), but it meant that it was my first step to becoming a published author. I showed it to my hubby. He was so proud of me! He told me to frame it. :) I'm not going to frame it, but I am going to stick it in my journal.

I've always dreamed of being a published writer. Until I sent in those short stories, that dream was never going to come true. It still might not, but now it won't be for lack of trying. This is the first! The first of many rejections, I'm sure.

Even the great JK Rowling, whose books set publishing records was rejected (several times, although I don't know how many) before her books were published. You know those first publishers that turned her down are kicking themselves.

No, it might never happen, but I've tried and I will keep trying.

1 comment:

Martie said...

That's a great attitude, Molly. Those who never try have 100% chance of failing. You will get there!

Martie