Sunday, February 21, 2010

sicky

Sickness has invaded our house. It hasn't been fun. I spent two days this past week in kind of a delirious daze. Let me tell you, it wasn't pretty. I'm on the mend and most everyone else seems to be too. This is good, but I'm wondering why we have been so sick and why for a month have we not been able to get over it.

I think this week I'm going to do some serious deep cleaning. I'm pulling out the carpet cleaner and I'm going to clean the cushions on the couch, all the mattresses, the rocking chair and perhaps it is time to replace some of the small floor rugs. In this part of New Mexico, the weather is quite nice and I heard that the temps could reach 70 this coming week! I plan on opening up doors and windows during the hottest part of the day and see if I can air the place out a bit.

Because I was sick this week, meals were whatever. It's time to start cooking again. I need to plan ahead on these things. I know that if I don't, come 5 pm, I just end up making pancakes or eggs as a quick meal.

My weaving is not going like I want it too and I don't understand why. I really need a teacher to help me through a few problems I'm having. I'm following the patterns and using the types of yarn they suggest, but it just doesn't look right. I'm upset by this, but I'll continue to press on. I'm also terribly slow. If I can pick up speed, it would be better. Practice, practice, practice!

2 comments:

Linnea said...

Thanks for this post Molly--I need to do that stuff too. Except I will have to wait to open the windows and air it out. But I think I need to rent a Rug Dr this weekend!

Lena Baron said...

OH WOW! I am so sorry! YUCK! I hope the gunck passes soon and all your hard work pays off!!!