Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Strange Dreams

A few days ago I watched some Beverly Hillbillies reruns. What a fun show! Well, that night, I dreamt about the Beverly Hillbillies. It was funny and I wouldn't have minded the dream except we were counting everything. We counted chickens, we counted eggs, we counted, counted, counted. I was annoyed! I didn't want to count anymore, but every time I woke up and tried to go back to sleep, there I was with Jed, Granny, Jethro, and Ellie Mae, counting!

Two nights ago I dreamt about tornadoes. These dreams are fairly common. I've dreamt about tornadoes since I was a kid. This time, we were running from it. RUNNING! We ran for miles and miles down a country road as the tornado swept the country side. Finally we reached safety and do you know who was there? The prophet Jacob from the Bible! I don't know what he was doing there, but he was sitting on a rug, under a canopy, talking. We were very tired and no one felt like walking all the way back home, so I told everyone to wait and I would walk back and get a car to take everyone home. I walk for a long time and finally had to get on a train. The dream changed at that point and I never made it home or picked up the others. I guess they are still sitting there with Jacob, listening to him talk.

If I dreamt last night, I don't remember it. I was woken up way to many times with sick kids. Three of the five are sick today. Oh well. Dreams are strange. I've never had a dream where I believed it predicted my future. I've dreamt about babies, lots and lots of babies, but none of them were mine or ever joined our family. I've dreamt about tornadoes, and while I have been in a couple of tornadoes, none of them were preceded by a dream. So, my dreams are just strange stories my brain sticks together. Thank goodness!

No comments: