Friday, May 20, 2011

Fairy Rings

I have heard of fairy rings.  I've seen pictures of them.  I believe I even watched a movie about a fairy ring.

A fairy ring is a "naturally occurring ring or arc of mushrooms" according to Wikipedia.  Legend has it that a ring appears where a fairy or elf visits and dances.

I've never been privileged enough to see a fairy ring.  I love fairies and elfs (or elves as Tolkien calls them) and would love to observe them dancing in the ring of mushrooms.  I think that would be a perfectly magical moment in life.

However, living in the desert, as I do, there is zero chance of ever seeing a fairy ring.  Or so I thought....

This morning I went outside to hang laundry on the line in the back yard and look at what laid at my feet:
It is a fairy ring of rocks with the fairy still dancing inside!  Fairies and magic are real! Even in the desert.

1 comment:

Lena Baron said...

Such a happy story. It made me smile and I needed it. Thanks!:)
BTW: Sending you good vibes as you work on your play! Hope you're having fun!!