Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Attack of the worms

We've had a lot of rain the last few weeks.  I'm not complaining!  I LOVE the rain.  However, it has brought in some unusual unwanted guests.

Worms!

We have a door along side the house that isn't well sealed at the bottom and during all the rain, worms have crawled into our house.  Then, they dry up and sadly die on our family room floor.  One day after a really rainy day and night, I think there must have been about ten dead worms on the floor.

Not very smart, are they?  I'm not sure if they are escaping the rain or what, but they come into our house during the night and I wake up each morning to dead worms. 

This has been going on for about a week now.  I wonder how long they plan on coming into the house to die? 

Other new creature additions to our yard:  a frog in our ditch in the front yard.  We can't ever see him, he hops away too fast.  Lightning bugs or fireflies in the evening.  Lots of bees.  They love our clover yard.  And there is a mole or two in the back yard, but we can't catch them.  I hear they are hard to get rid of.

I find myself talking to the dead worms, the frog and the bees in the yard.  I think I might be going a little crazy. 

No comments: