Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Ambitions

I mentioned in the last post how much my sons were enjoying their journal, well, it has been six days since they got their journals, and already my oldest son has written 24 pages! He has never worked this long on any project. I'm happy for his enthusiasm.

My oldest son is 10 years old now and hates to work. He hates anything he has to put time and effort into. He wanted to play a sport, until he realized the number of practices he would have to attend. He talked about an instrument until he realized that he would have to practice a lot, like everyday, to be able to really learn how to play it. He doesn't like scouts because he has to put forth energy, time and work into earning his awards. He says he wants to be a scientist one day, but he hates that he would have to learn math and math requires work and memorization of basic tables. He has never worked for anything, never really achieved anything on his own. He has no passion for anything. He needs to be proud of something and really work to get it. I don't have any ideas for him yet, but it is good to have identified what it is he needs.

I would love to type more, but Peanut is in my lap. She has discovered she has control of her hands and arms. She hits at things and grabs for things. So, I'm here typing, she is sitting in my lap, grabbing at my fingers and getting frustrated that they keep moving. I've made so many typos thanks to her. Well, she is getting tired and fussy and I'm tired of typing with her "help". She is growing too fast.

1 comment:

Lena Baron said...

Good Luck Molly! We struggle with Jakob a bit with this problem.My guess is that they will excell in the computer field. It comes naturally for them.
That's neat that Mark is playing the Trombone!