Monday, July 28, 2008

not much going on

Well, not much is going on here. Things with the kids are fairly normal and crazy. They enjoy playing on the computer, watching Netflix cartoons, playing in the pool, and in general running around the house.

Peanut insists on being held most of the time and when I don't hold her, she screams. I enrolled my 8 year old back into school last week. I really was hoping to homeschool him again (I loved it more than he did, I think) but he wants to go back to school. So, I'm letting him go back. I'll work on getting Princess through some kind of homeschool Pre-K. We'll set up a schedule and work on school every day. I'll tell you though, I'll miss having my son at home. He is really a good, sweet, helpful kid. He has a natural understanding of empathy and/or sympathy. He sees a need and helps. Of course, being a big brother, he did torment Princess a lot last year, but to be totally fair, she brought some of it on herself. This summer, this son has been a super help to me. Whenever we go somewhere, he'll buckle Toddler into his carseat for me. He'll get Princess or Toddler a drink of water if I can't because I'm caring for Peanut. He has a magic touch with Peanut and if she is crying, he'll pick her up, hold her and she'll often go to sleep. If she doesn't go to sleep, she'll just sit contentedly in his arms.

He is a kid and I have to ask him to do some things, but he is really pretty good at helping without asking. Better than the other kids, that is. Yeah, I'm going to miss him when school starts in 5 weeks.

1 comment:

Lena Baron said...

Good to hear from you Molly. Sounds like our babies are in the same stage. Definately a challenge! Good Luck!