Monday, July 21, 2008

Monday's Wash Day

There is a kid song I learned as a kid :) that goes:
Today is Monday
Today is Monday
Monday's wash day
Are you hungry brothers?
We wish the same to you.

Then it goes through the whole week with different chores for each day. Well, today is Monday. Monday's wash day. I must have done 8 loads of laundry. That's what I get for letting two days go by without doing any... Do you think I've learned my lesson? No, although I'll try, this will happen again, someday in the future.

The weekend was a busy one. I saw Mamma Mia! on Saturday. It was lots of fun and I really enjoyed it. I love a good musical.

We bought a car! Hubby now has a small, fuel efficient car and I have transportation! I didn't use my SUV today, I had no need to, but how great it is to have it available to me. Hubby says he bought the car because I was pressuring him to do so and not because we really needed to. I'm not sure whether to be proud of myself or not. I'd go into detail, but it is a long ddduuulllllll story that spans three years.

Yesterday we had an open house at our home for a family moving from our ward. They have been here over 12 years. That is a long time for this mostly military ward. They are Navy and his job is finally moving him away from the huge naval base here. They will be greatly missed. The party was suppose to last for three hours. It ended up lasting almost 5 hours. It was great fun and I would do it all over again. It ended up being a crazy pool party when a member of the Bishopric threw one of the teens from the moving family into our pool. Once one kid gets wet, it is a matter of moments before the others get thrown in. Eventually, the teens got the bishopric member thrown into the pool too. All the kids were soaked, but they had a blast.

The above mentioned pool is a new development in our backyard. This moving family was clearing out stuff from their house and they had an above ground pool. Not a huge nice one like our old pool, but one of those 14 foot pools that you fill with water and the sides take shape. The kids have loved having a pool again and I'm so glad they do. Unfortunately, they got a sunburn the first day, despite the sunblock we put on. My oldest got the worst of the sunburns. I'm sad for him, but perhaps now he'll remember and be more diligent in using sunblock because sunburns hurt!

What else? Hubby is still on a crazy schedule at work. It's ok. Good overtime pay and after buying a car, we need a little extra money.

It being summer time, it is Monkee Mania time in our home. The Monkee DVD's play most of the day here. I love having them on while I clean, fold laundry or just sit and hold a sleeping Peanut. My kids love to turn it on too. The Monkees are the best.

Peanut is giving me a bit of a rough time. She screams when I set her down and she often screams when I'm holding her, especially if I'm sitting while holding her. She has an incredible scream. It is one of those high, ear-piercing, nerve-grating screams. Oh how I can't stand it. Thank goodness for my 8 year old. He is my biggest help when it comes to Peanut. He has the magic sleeping touch and can usually get her to fall asleep in his arms.

Toddler has a cold. At least, I guess that is what it is. All it is is a green gunky runny nose. It is pretty gross to look at, but it doesn't slow him down one bit. I gave him a bit of medicine tonight hoping it would relieve some of that runny nose and make him tired. No such luck. Oh well...

I guess that is enough of a book today. Oh, my four year old daughter said something funny to me yesterday. Well, I'm not sure if it is funny, but I was definitely amused by her comments. She asked me if girls can go on missions. I said yes. Then she announces to me that she is not going on a mission because she is going to be a singer and a dancer. OK, I said. It's a good thing we have many years before those kinds of decisions need to be made.

2 comments:

Lena Baron said...

Molly! So good to hear from you! I've been wondering how you're doing!!! Congrats on the car. I hope it will help! Leif told me that he told Ian to read your blog. I thought it was sweet. Leif enjoys reading your blog and keeping up on how you're doing... We both do!! Please keep me posted.

Kleanteeth said...

Everyday is laundry day right? It's never ending for me and I have half the family so I can only imagine. How you manage to bake between all the kids, home-schooling, churching, party-throwing, car buying, etc. near miraculous. Congrats on the new car, now you're a free woman.