Saturday, July 05, 2008

Journals

For my son's 10th birthday, he received the book "Diary of a Wimpy Kid". I read it. It is really good! It got me thinking about my journal I kept when I was a kid. I wrote in mine a few times when I was 7, 8, 9, and 10 years old. Once I hit 11, I started writing in my journal more often.

Last Monday for FHE, we talked about the importance of keeping journals. I read several entries from my journal and the older boys really enjoyed hearing what I had to say. So on Friday, we bought the two older boys their own journals. They have loved them. They have written 5 times a day since Friday. I would love to read their entries, but I won't. I gave them some stickers for the 4th of July entry.

For 10 year old's Bear Scout achievements, he is required to keep a journal for 2 weeks. He is well on his way. He is three days into it so far and has written about 6 pages, at least. I'm glad they are starting this and I hope it develops into a lifetime habbit.

1 comment:

Lena Baron said...

Molly, you are a wonderful mother! I know you'll probably say "yeah right!" But I still think you are! Love ya! Thanks for looking at our blogs. I've enjoyed keeping up with yours too!