Thursday, June 24, 2010

Weaving

I've been weaving as much as I can lately.

I'm taking a class at the local art museum and have learned a few tricks that have already made things much easier.  For me, getting the massive amounts of yarn onto the loom was a multi-day task because I ended up with everything in a tangled mess.  Now after my class, I've learned how to keep things fairly organized while taking it from the warping board to the loom.

So, at home I just took something off the loom and have started a new project.  At class I've got something interesting going on too.  One or two more class periods and I might have that project completed.  I'll be able to start a new one.  I don't know what I'll do with it.  At 17 inches wide, it's not wide enough to be a shaw or wrap, but what am I going to do with a table runner?  I could place it on the table, but the kids or the dumb cat would pull it off.  I really need to remember to take my camera with me to class so I can show you what it looks like.  It's pretty, but I just don't know what I'll do with it.

I'll get some pictures of other recent projects up soon.

Today, however, I'll be cleaning my house.  My parents come in tomorrow for the weekend and I need to get the house spic and span.  Again, I'm not sure why I work so hard, my kids will have it destroyed by this evening.  Oh well, I try and that's the important part.

My oldest son just had his 12th birthday!  He is about an inch shorter than I am and his feet are bigger than mine (and I wear a size 10 in women's).  His voice is getting deep, but when he is playing chase with the cat, he can still yell like a little girl.  (hee hee hee)  I can't believe how much time has passed.  Scary to think about, but in four years, he'll be driving!

No comments: