Wednesday, March 30, 2011

#445 and an Interview

This is blog entry #445!  It's kind of crazy when you think about it.

In the spirit of the number of postings on this blog, I'm going to share with you things about it's author, who has had so much to say over the last four years.


Celebrity Interview


Have you ever watched an interview of a celebrity? They ask the celebrity all sorts of questions. I really enjoy hearing their answers. I love to see how very much I think like that particular person and how very different I am from them.

What if I were a celebrity and someone actually cared about my opinion? What would I say? How would I answer such questions? These are actual questions from an interview that I heard answered recently by a celebrity. The celebrity had his answers, but what does Molly, a nobody stay-at-home mom of five, have to say? You are about to find out.

What is your idea of perfect happiness?

Being in a deep forest, surrounded by green trees, green grass, and wildflowers. There would be a small cottage, a spinning wheel, my loom, and a stream nearby where water tumbled over rocks. Birds, the sound of wind and the singing stream would be the only noises. My husband and children would be there to share in the beautiful surroundings, but the kids would not be too noisy.

Who do you admire, dead or alive?

Many people but I really don’t have anyone person in particular. Most of the people I admire are nobody special to most of the world. They are a friend who is wonderful about dropping off a plate of cookies just when you need it the most. They are the woman who raised eight children, had several books published and taught each of her children to play a different instrument. They are the woman who sing and smile even when there are hardships to face. If I were to name these women, you wouldn’t know them, but I do and I admire them.

What is your favorite sound?

Thunderstorms

What is your favorite word?

Vomitory. I just don’t get to use that one very often.

Where would you like to live?

See the answer to the first question. Deep in a forest with green trees…..

What challenges you the most?

Being a mom.  Especially in this day and age. It’s a scary world, filled with scary things, scary people, and scary situations. Raising a kid right is hard. Raising 5 kids right seems like an impossible task.  I'm just going to try my best and hope it's enough.

Which talent would you like to have?

I would like to be able to play the piano well.

What do you consider your greatest achievement?

Being a mom to five great kids (so far, but we haven’t hit the teens yet).

If you could have another career what would it be?

There are so many…. A camp director. An owner of a themed bed and breakfast. A professional writer. A librarian. Can I do all of that at the same time?

What gives you the most satisfaction?

Finishing a project. I love taking a completed weaving off the loom. I love to finish writing in the last page of a journal. I just love being able to finish any tasks I attempt.

What current projects are you working on now?

Well, aside from being a full time mom, house cleaner, cook, taxi service, etc., in September, I’ll start school again. I’ve always got a project on the loom and I’m always writing stories.
______________
Well, now you know about Molly as questioned by a celebrity interviewer. The real interview had about 20 more questions, but I won’t bore you with those. I don’t even have an answer to some of them.

I guess this is why they interview celebrities and not me. I don’t have very interesting answers.

2 comments:

SLC said...

I like your answers - though I was surprised at you adding the kids into the dream home. Mine would be allowed for a visit. I know what you mean about hum-drum answers, though I think yours were very interesting. I think those celebrities have no grasp on reality and no clue what it means to be normal. It's a warped world they live in with their priorities all out of whack.

Lena Baron said...

It is good to hear from you again. I really enjoyed this post. Thanks for sharing!