Monday, March 28, 2011

Great Ideas

I’m a fountain of great ideas. They are all amazing, really.

Unfortunately, there are more ideas than time to do any of them. I don’t know that I’ve completed many of these ideas. Most of them are ideas for stories to write, business to start and weaving projects to try.

If I wrote down every great idea I had, I would have a book the size of the Oxford Dictionary.
(This is my dictionary with a penny, to give you scale.)
LOL

When I thought about that, I got a little depressed. All those great ideas and nothing being done with any of them.

Then, I started to think about all the journals I’ve kept over the years. Doing a quick calculation, I’m sure I’ve written over 2000 pages of journal entries. That’s written in books alone. That doesn’t include the 400+ journal entries I’ve written on my blog and the many bits and bytes in my computer of more writing and journaling.

These are my journals I've kept over the years.  After taking this picture, I realized that
the journal I kept as a kid and teenager aren't in this picture.  All you see
here are journals I've kept since 1994.  They are piled next to the dictionary with the penny.
You know, for scale.

That’s a whole lot of writing. I guess most of my ideas will remain nothing more than ideas, but that’s OK.  Great ideas are fun to think up whether you get to do them or not.

However, when I build my Hobbit-like house and open my themed bed and breakfast, I’ll let you know so you can come to see it.  I'll autograph copies of my latest published work for you. 

See you in dream-land.

2 comments:

SLC said...

You have always been an incredible journal keeper. I got my example from you, since neither mom or dad kept journals of any kind. Just keep writing down those ideas - that way, they won't float away, forgotten. Who knows what you might get to pull out and use one day.

Lena Baron said...

Seriously! You never know! And what about grandchildren? What if they take one of your ideas and fly with it! AMAZING!