Monday, March 19, 2012

Prioritizing my priorities

Hubby and I had a long chat today.  Long chats at home are rare.  Kids don't usually let us have that kind of time.  We talked about priorities in our duties and our personal pursuits.  We each have a long list of things that need to be done and a long list of things we want to get done.  We worry about teaching the kids all they need to know.  Are we succeeding?  Sometimes I think we are doing OK and other times I realize we have much more to teach them.

It is hard to get everything done that we need and want to do.  There is so much to do and only so much time.  Even so, dealing with kids can really break us down emotionally.  Not that the kids are bad, but caring for them and their needs is so wearing that sometimes there is just no energy left to do other things.

It's getting better in many ways as they get older.  I was able to do my theater last summer and I've been doing school this year.  There is still a lot to try and fit into each day and lately, I haven't been good about managing my time.  I work and work, but I don't think I really accomplish anything.  I don't normally like a strict schedule, but I'm thinking for a while I might need to plan my hours so I can try and get as much done with the time I have each day. 

Ironically, I haven't found the time to sit down and write our my daily schedule.  Maybe tomorrow I can schedule in some time to plan the schedule.

No comments: