Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Nice weekend

We had a very nice weekend here. It was a special one. Hubby's mother came to spend 9 days with us and it was a nice visit. Then on Friday was my son's 8th birthday. He had a fun day and for dinner we had BBQ steak and ribs. For the last two years he has had a cheesecake instead of a cake. We all like this better. This year was a white chocolate cheesecake with white chocolate sauce. Mmmmmm!

On Saturday, my parents and grandmother came from Texas. That evening was my son's baptism! It was such a nice event. My father gave a talk, my mother gave a prayer and my m-i-l played the piano. I conducted music, Hubby baptised and confirmed our son and our entire family sang a song for a musical number. After the baptism, we went to Red Robin for dinner and some tasty hamburgers.

On Sunday, Peanut was blessed during Sacrament Meeting. Her blessing was given by Hubby and it was very, very nice. Such a sweet baby girl and a blessing to match. My m-i-l left right after church. My family left yesterday morning to head back to Texas.

It was a whirlwind weekend of family and special events. Such a great weekend, but I'm glad it's all done now. I'm happy to start getting us back into a routine. Three weeks until school is out. My boys are so excited! Little do they know what I've got planned for them this summer...

No comments: