Monday, May 19, 2008

When Mockingbirds Attack!

Our not-so-friendly mockingbird is still attacking and with more agression than ever. It has actually hit my hubby in the back several times and it got my mother-in-law on the head. Of course, she was trying to look in the nest at the time. I do what I can to avoid the nest, but the bird still comes after me. Now there are two of them watching over the nest and attacking. I've started carrying a broom when I go outside. It still flies at me, but a swing of the broom forces the bird to quickly change it's course or be smacked. I found that just holding the broom in the air usually keeps it from coming at me at all, but not always. I can't wait for those baby birds to grow up!

I took a picture of our bird, but I can't find the camera at the moment, maybe later I'll post a mug shot of the attack bird.

What else? My mother-in-law is in town for 9 days. It is a pleasent visit. Tomorrow we'll go to the Botanical Gardens.

My seven year old will be seven for only a few more days. His 8th birthday is on Friday and we are all very excited. I haven't shopped for him at all yet. I really couldn't think of anything to get him. When he plays, he plays with a toy sword and jumps on the trampoline. He wants a watch. Since we've been learning about time here at homeschool, getting him a watch will be fun. Speaking of this kiddo, about a week and a half ago, he lost a tooth. This morning he told me the tooth fairy still hasn't come. (OOOPS!) What kind of a mother, I mean, a tooth fairy am I? I was so good about my oldest when he lost his teeth. I haven't done very well with the second kid. What is it going to be like when Peanut looses her teeth? I think tooth fairy might just have to write her a check for all the teeth she will loose in her lifetime and put the check under the pillow. Then the tooth fairy won't have to feel bad about falling behind again.

This Saturday is my son's baptism. We are excited for this special time in his life. On Sunday, we'll bless Peanut. My parents and grandmother are coming in on Saturday for the two special occasions. How neat it will be for my son and Peanut to have two grandmothers, one grandfather and a great-grandmother here for their special days. You can be sure there will be many photos being taken those two days.

Hubby and I went and saw Prince Caspian. It was great. I can't wait to see it again. That is definatly a DVD I'll buy. I don't go to the movies often, about once to twice a year. This year, though, I'm planning on three movies at the theater. I already saw Prince Caspian. In July I want to see Mama Mia (provided the rating is acceptable) and I want to see Harry Potter. I think that comes out at the end of this year, but I'm not entirly sure. So, those are my big movie plans for the year.

No comments: