Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Boy forks and Girl forks

In our house, we have boy forks and girl forks, according to my 4 year old daughter. She really doesn't like to eat with a boy fork.

What is a boy fork and a girl fork? I'll show you:

Do you see the difference? The fork on the left is a girl fork - it has decorations on the handle. The fork on the right is a boy fork - it is plain.

This goes for other silverware and dishes. Some of my Correll dishes have purple flowers on them and some are plain white. My daughter prefers to eat on the purple flowered plates or bowls - the girl dishes. So, now for her, we have to coordinate her place setting. Girl plate, girl fork, girl bowl, girl spoon.

Luckily for me, the boys in the house don't care what kind of place setting they get, as long as they get to eat!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You had me laughing. The 4-year-old makes me chuckle everyday.