Thursday, June 19, 2008

our outing

This morning I wanted to run a few errands. The problem is, I don't have a car. There is a Lowes, Farm Fresh and Big Lots with in easy (relatively) walking distance. The walk isn't far and I enjoy long walks, but it is on a very busy, noisy street with cars going 45 mph along the road. It makes me a bit nervous to walk, but the walk itself is pleasant and easy. Anyway... I had a few things at Lowes to look at and I'm out of dish washing detergent. I put Toddler in the front of the double stroller, Princess in the back part of the stroller and wrapped Peanut to me with our wrap. With a bag of water bottles hanging from the stroller and my cell phone with an ear piece so I could listen to music, we headed out.

The day is warm and sunny, in the low 80s. My ear piece keeps falling out of my ear. My ear is just way to tiny for normal sized ear pieces. We make it to Lowes just fine, but Peanut started to slip down in the wrap. Instead of being wrapped around my chest, she slid down to my stomach. Once inside Lowes, I readjusted the wrap and made it tighter. That worked. We did our errands and came back home. It was pleasant. I should do that more often, but I hate the traffic noise and I have to cross two busy streets to get there. Complain, complain....

The dentist office called me today and told me my kids and myself are really over due for cleanings. I explained I can't set up appointments because I have no transportation at all. I don't think they believe me. I mean really, who is a one car family these days? Us. I had to cancel a follow up appointment for Peanut for the same reason. It is really a pain, but you know at the same time, I don't mind. Dentist and doctors don't really need us to come in as often as they want us too. They just want our money. So not having a car is a great excuse to not go.

We are still doing the cloth diapers with Peanut. I stopped doing them for a while, not because I didn't want to do the CD, but because we were given so many size 1 diapers for gifts after Peanut was born, I wanted to use them. They are suppose to go up to 12 lbs and Peanut is over 12 lbs now. I've used most of them now. I just have one package left and I use them at night or at church or on these long outings. The rest of the time I use cloth and that is going very well. I love using the Snappi instead of pins. A couple of times Peanut will fall asleep and take a long, long nap in her cloth diaper and wake up with wet clothes because she finally leaked, but that's alright. I just change her and put the wet clothes in the washing machine. It is going well.

I'm potty training Toddler. He is young at 2 1/2, but he is doing quite well. He has his good days and his not so good days. When he makes it to the potty, he gets 4 M&Ms and he loves getting those treats. When he wears his underwear, he is more likely to have an accident because he seems to think it is like a diaper. So, I let him run naked most of the time in the house and he is more likely to make it to the potty. It's not a pretty sight, but it works.

OK, I think that's all for now. Hubby wants me to pickle the green beans that we have harvested from our garden. I was planning on doing that today, but I don't have enough vinegar. I'll have to run out tonight I guess and pick some up, then I can pickle stuff tomorrow.

1 comment:

The Roaming Rolfe's said...

Wow! You are a brave mom! I could never do the cloth diapers! And I would be scrubbing my floor all day long if I did the naked thing! You amaze me! Good luck!