Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Light at the end of the diaper tunnel

I've had kids in diapers for almost 12 years. That's a long time. My youngest is beginning her potty training adventure. I don't have a method to the potty training madness, but I've managed to successfully potty train 4 children, although the verdict is still out on my 4 year old who wets his beds most nights.

We might have months of training ahead of us with Peanut, but it has begun. It's nice to think that by the end of this year I will be diaper free. I hope it happens long before the end of the year, but by 2011, I will not be toting diapers in my purse anymore.

It's the end of an era and the beginning of a new one. In 2011 I will enter the world of teenagers.

Being nervous of the future and comfortable with the past, I think I would rather deal with the diapers than the teenager. As hard as I try, though, I can't ignore the fact that my almost 12 year old is almost as tall as I am. He is growing up and I must put the days of diapers behind me.

Well, teen or no teen, I'm almost done with diapers! Now that is a milestone worth celebrating!

1 comment:

Kleanteeth said...

Teenagers are scary i agree. I'm not looking forward to it much either. Diapers aren't, they're just gross. I've been out of diapers for a while now, but it's a great day not to have to tote a big bag around. Next thing you know they'll all be in school, that will be a great day too.