Monday, August 16, 2010

back to school

We survived the first day back to school.  I must say, I probably had the best day of anyone else in the family.  :)

My oldest son, who is starting 7th grade had a really long, frustrating day.  It has to do with schedules and a group of kids (including him) who should be at a brand new school that isn't finished yet, so they are joining with another middle school until mid-October.  It's way to much to get into, but I feel bad for him.

The two elementary aged kids had a better day.  My 4th graders homework for today was to read for 20 minutes and he is happy to do that work.  We ordered him a book he really wanted to read and it's sequel.  Well, the sequel came last week, but the first book has not.  He is really hoping to get it soon.

The two youngest, who are still at home, had a good day.  They played a lot together and they fought a lot together.  They just love to annoy the heck out of each other.  I find that very annoying.

I enjoyed the peace that can only come with having three less kids in the house.  I got a ton of laundry done, dishes, general cleaning and a little packing for my trip later this week.  You know, the fees they put on luggage these days makes packing much more difficult.  Still, because I don't need to back extra clothes, books, and toys for kids, it will keep my suitcase light and I'll be able to get by on one small on. 

Hmm, I guess I had better get my MP3 player charged up.  It's going to be a long flight.

1 comment:

Lena Baron said...

I haven't mentioned this yet, but I'm really excited for you about going back to school!! I hope you Love it!! Good luck as you pack for your trip!