Monday, January 30, 2012

The Witch

I don't know when my mom came into possession of the Halloween Witch, but I believe it was when my oldest son was a baby.  I came to visit my parents (and it wasn't Halloween), any my mom had a Halloween witch doll.  If you squeezed her belly, she would say, "Halloween is fun!"  If you squeezed her belly again she would say, "Uh oh, what was that?"  Then, if you squeezed her a third time, she would start to vibrate, laugh with a cackle, and yell, "Hee hee hee, run for your lives!  Hee, hee, hee!"  It was very funny.  

Every time I went to visit Mom, that witch was among the toys for the kids to play with.

Over the years, that silly witch started having computer chip issues.  Without anyone touching her or even being near her, once in a while you'd hear the witch say, "Halloween is fun!"  It's much more creepy when the doll talks on it's own and because it's a witch, it's extra spooky.  It gave everyone a good laugh when we're sitting around the table, having dinner and from the other room we hear, "Halloween is fun!"
Well, it became a family joke that during big reunions at Mom and Dad's house, that whoever thought of it first, would get the witch and hide it somewhere in the house.  Usually it was hidden under some one's bed.  You could expect the witchy witch to go off in the middle of the night and scare the begeebers out of whoever slept on that bed.

The witch would then be hidden in a new spot and the fun would start over.

I love reunions at my parent's house.  I love Mom's Halloween witch.

1 comment:

SLC said...

Oh, the Halloween witch. And mom keeps replacing the dumb batteries! Once I was up in the middle of the night nursing Claire in the playroom (in complete dark) when I hear this creepy voice call from the corner "Halloween in fun!" Freaked me out.