Wednesday, January 28, 2009

And now...

And now, for a time, we will abandon Random Thoughts for Random Photos and their strange stories:

Photo #1


These are what use to be three of my children's tooth brushes. I won't go into the icky reasons why we thought they should be cleaned, but we decided that they could use a good cleaning. Hubby's idea was to soak them in bleach. I said no way, let's just boil them. So, Hubby put the tooth brushes into a large pot of water and he put it on the stove. Guess what? We forgot about it until later I smelled burnt plastic. I ran to the stove and found this! Thanks to teflon in the pot, they didn't melt and stick. The just melted. The pot cleaned up nicely and is usable again with no trace of burnt plastic taste or smell. The tooth brushes didn't fair so well.

Lesson learned!

3 comments:

Emily (Laundry and Lullabies) said...

I have done this! So funny.

Thanks for entering my giveaway!

Martie said...

I have done this too, though only the bristles melted. Funny!

Martie
Mom to 9

Lena Baron said...

That is soo Funny!:)